•  What is the water like?

Clear, cool and wet. Lake level does not drop during the summer, but can vary up and down by as much as 4 feet in 24 hours. The further up lake you go, the cooler the water gets. Water temperature can be warmer in June and July than in August.

  •  Where are the fish?

You can find fish at the Marina, by the launch ramps, in all the coves, or way up by Rice’s Crossing. But catching fish is probably what you want to know. Personally, we catch some really nice size trout by throwing a worm-baited hook off the back of our houseboat at Buck’s Beach or Rocky Bluff. If they don’ t bite on just the worm we add a rainbow power nugget.

  • What is boat-in camping?

The campsites are only accessible by boat. They are available on a first come, first serve basis, We have not run out of available campsites even on the busy weekends. You can not drive to any campsite on Englebright Lake, although we have two RV spaces available for rent.

  • How much does it cost to launch?

For more information on boat launch and other fees to the Corps of Engineers  Click Here . (opens in new window) If you are camping, the camping card includes your launch fee. There is no charge for parking your boat trailer and vehicle on either side.

  • How much is camping and where do I pay?

Get camping Cards from machines at either launch ramp or on the laundry room deck by the telephone at Skippers Cove Marina. A camp card includes your boat launch fee. For fees and Army Corps rules  Click Here   (opens in new window) for a link to there page.

  • When is the store and gas dock open?
The Store opens at 8AM and closes at 5 PM, seven days a week. Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend remains open on Weekends to 7 PM.

  • How do we reserve a houseboat?

Call 530-432- 6302 to establish availability of the boat you want. All reservations are on first come first serve basis. A credit card deposit for half the rental price will reserve the boat for you. For other forms of payment please call the office. Balance is due upon arrival along with the cash deposit. You will pay for the gasoline you use, propane is supplied.

  •  What do we bring when we rent a houseboat?

A list is enclosed with your confirmation. Briefly you bring your sleeping bag, pillow, towels, bathroom supplies, kitchen supplies, and fun supplies.

  • What if I have to cancel a reservation?

The reservation deposit is forfeit unless the boat can be re-rented. If the boat is re-rented, your reservation fee is returned, less a $50.00 cancellation fee.

  • Do we have to pay for camping if we have a houseboat?

Yes and no--If you are in a self-contained houseboat and you tie to shore, in the houseboat only areas, no fees are required. If you are in a houseboat and tie up at a campsite, then you will be required to purchase a camp ticket for each night you are at that site. For fees on campsites Go Here . Link to the Corps opens in new window.

  • Are PWC’s allowed?

Yes, as long as you follow California boating laws.

  • Is water skiing allowed?

Yes, as long as you follow California boating laws. Englebright is a counter clockwise lake, which means you stay to the right. Slow houseboats can travel up or down in the middle of the lake. Skiing is allowed in the lower half of the Lake.